New Hydrogen Projects (August – December 2021)
- Whitelee wind farm award £9.4 Million to develop green hydrogen production.
- Bruichladdich distillery’s HyLaddie project and Arbikie Distillery’s Green Hydrogen project awarded funding through Green Distilleries Competition
- Aberdeen CC partners with BP to develop Aberdeen H2 Hub
- HySeas 3 successfully completed power system testing
- Highland Council and The Procurement Partnership launch H2 generation and fuelling Dynamic Purchasing System
- North East Scotland Hydrogen Ambition launched, with aims to realise the North East as a leader in H2.
- Scot2Ger collaboration project commissioned to explore export opportunities
- Arcola Energy acquired by Ballard Energy Systems
- H2 Energy Europe acquires Denmark site for 1GW wind-hydrogen project.
- Greek hydrogen projects move closer to EU funding
- Ready4H2 initiative launched, to investigate Hydrogen injection into gas distribution networks
- Genvia sign pilot project agreements to decarbonise steel and cement
- 100 Hydrogen taxis deployed in Copenhagen
- €1.1 Billion invested into decarbonisation innovation projects.