Instructions for Gather.Town
Industry Club will be hosted on Gather.Town. Her are some brief instructions on how to use the platform.
Once you have registered, you will be sent a link and password for the workshop. You will then need to:
- Create a profile by entering your full name and editing your character.
- Check your camera and microphone are switched on.
- Click ‘join the gathering’ button.
Please note: Gather.Town will not function on a mobile phone.
A list of the main functions you will need to use the platform:
(Curser (Arrow) Control Keys) – move your avatar around the platform
- (X) – to interact with an object and for links
- (g) – enter ghost mode and walk-through other participants
- (e) – teleport you to the nearest open area when you are trapped (Only available if you are trapped)
- (Z) – to dance
Here is a short tutorial on how to use Gather.Town:
The team will greet you in the lobby when you arrive in Gather.Town.
Please allow at least 15 minutes before the meeting begins to complete the initial set up.